SMP AFTER CARE
Before commencement of your first Scalp Micro Pigmentation treatment, We highly recommend eating a meal prior to the session. Also clients are encouraged to bring a snack and a beverage. We also provide shaving or hair cutting in house. Please arrive 10 minutes prior to scheduled appointment. We look forward to helping you achieve your desired look and feel for your particular look. Welcome to your Scalp Micro Pigmentation Journey!
During the first four days refrain from any activities that can cause profuse sweating, as this can cause excessive fading. Do not wash or cut the treated areas of the scalp for the first four days after each treatment. You may take a shower but try not to get water on the treated area. Also take care that the shower is not hot enough to cause sweating.Refrain from sauna’s, swimming pools and any excessive sunlight for 28 days after your last treatment. After 28 days you may start to use sunblock and follow long term aftercare procedures.
Long term aftercare rule #1 use spf sunblock. If you are out in the sun for extended periods of time please reapply throughout the day accordingly. Unprotected exposure to the sun can and will cause unnecessary and early fading issues. Be vigilant and protect your treatment. We highly recommend using Xotics Sweet Jamilla on your scalp so the skin stays vibrant. After 28 days of your treatment you can swim in chlorinated pools without any issues. If you stick to these basic guidelines you will prolong the life of your treatment.
BROWS AFTER CARE
- DO NOT WORK OUT 48 HOURS BEFORE PROCEDURE.
- NO ALCOHOL OR CAFFEINE 48 HOURS BEFORE PROCEDURE, TO INCLUDE DECAF COFFEE AND TEA.
- AVOID SUN AND TANNING ON YOUR FACE TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE
- DO NOT TAKE ASPIRIN, NIACIN, VITAMIN E OR ADVIL/IBUPROFEN 48 HOURS BEFORE PROCEDURE.
- AVOID FISH OIL, PRENATAL VITAMINS, NUTRITIONAL SHAKES (SHAKELOGOLY, ETC), “HAIR, SKIN, NAIL” SUPPLEMENTS TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE.
- DISCONTINUE RETIN-A, CHEMICAL AND LASER PEELS, MICRODERMABRASIONS, ALPHA HYDROXY ACID (AHA), AND ANY CHEMICAL EXFOLIANT OR “BRIGHTENING” SKINCARE AT LEAST 6 WEEKS PRIOR (ONCE YOUR BROWS HAVE FULLY HEALED, YOU MUST COVER YOUR BROW TATTOO WITH VASELINE PRIOR TO THE USE OF THESE PRODUCTS ON FOREHEAD AREA TO PREVENT PREMATURE FADING).
- BOTOX AND FILLER ON THE FOREHEAD, TEMPLE, AND EYE AREA SHOULD BE AVOIDED 2 MONTHS PRIOR TO PROCEDURE FOR THOSE WHO DO NOT REGULARLY RECEIVE INJECTABLES.
- NO BROW WAXING, TINTING, OR THREADING ONE WEEK PRIOR (THE MORE NATURAL HAIR GROWTH YOU HAVE, THE BETTER!)
- PLEASE NOTE FOR FEMALES: YOU WILL BE MORE SENSITIVE DURING YOUR MENSTRUAL CYCLE
REPEAT ABOVE STEPS 2X PER DAY FOR 10 DAYS AFTER SERVICE
- 24 HOURS AFTER THE PROCEDURE: BLOTS BROWS WITH TISSUE TO ABSORB LYMPHATIC FLUID THAT IS EXCRETING FROM TATTOO.
- WITH CLEAN HANDS, GENTLY WASH EYEBROW AREA USING A FRAGANCE-FREE GEL CLEANSER (SUCH AS CETAPHIL OR CERAVIE) AND WATER.
- ALLOW EYEBROWS TO COMPLETELY DRY BEFORE APPLYING OINTMENT (PAT DRY WITH PAPER TOWEL OR AIR DRY).
- ONCE BROWS HAVE FULL DRIED, APPLY A THIN LAYER OF AQUAPHOR WITH CLEAN FINGERTIPS (RICE SIZE AMOUNT ON EACH BROW).
- DO NOT RUB, PICK OR SCRATCH THE TREATED SREA. LET ANY SCABBING OR DRY SKIN NATURALLY EXFOLIATE OFF. PICKING WILL CAUSE SCARRING AND PIGMENT LOSS.
- AVOID DIRECT SUN EXPOSURE AND TANNING BEDS FOR A MINIMUM OF 4 WEEKS AFTER YOUR PROCEDURE. DIRECT SUNLIGHT CAN CAUSE THE PIGMENT TO CHANGE COLOR WHILE IT IS HEALING AND CAN ALSO CAUSE HYPER PIGMENTATION AND SCARRING.
- NO UNDERWATER SWIMMING AND BATHING FOR4 WEEKS TO AVOID BACTERIAL INFECTION.
- AVOID POOL, SAUNA, STEAM ROOMS, STEAMY SHOWERS, AND HOT BATHS FOR 10 DAYS.
- AVOID SWEATING ON YOUR FACE FOR 10 DAYS.
- AVOID SLEEPING ON YOUR BROW AREA FOR THE FIRST 10 DAYS.
- KEEP YOUR BANGS AND HAIR PULLED BACK FROM YOUR FACE FOR THE FIRST 10 DAYS.
- NO MAKEUP OR SKINCARE PRODUCTS TO BE USED ON THE BROQ AREA FOR 10 DAYS